Benefits of the Digital Camera
You normally shoot a picture with a camera to capture the images of your loved ones or to preserve a slice of a valuable moment, like a wedding, a birthday party, your wife, your children, your extended family, your house, your car, your pet, a beautiful dawn, a calm sunset, a great mountain, or any memorable image that you encounter. You would want that the image captured in your camera should be exactly the way you had seen it when you had taken it. Therefore, the prime criteria of a good camera is image quality, the better the quality, the better the camera. Other core prerequisites are the performance and the price. It should be easy to operate and should perform well. It should also be affordable. The digital camera performs extremely well in these three prime considerations of a camera.
Why a digital camera?
• Superior image quality - The prime reason for shooting a picture is to duplicate it as it is. Hence, the quality of the image is very important. The digital camera gives a high resolution so the quality is far better.
• Superior performance - The digital camera saves developing and processing time. The image is stored as a digital file hence there is no need of making negatives and prints.
• Reasonably priced - The digital camera is reasonably priced and is affordable.
• You can transfer the pictures to your laptop - You can easily connect the digital camera to your laptop and transfer all of them in your hard disk. You can also print, or send them by email.
• You can print in large sizes - Utilizing a computer and a plotter, pictures taken by a digital camera can be printed in large sizes due to its high resolution.
• You can email the pictures to your friends - Lowering the resolution of the digital camera pictures can enable you to send them to your loved ones by email.
• You can store the images in CDs or hard disk - Permanent storage is possible after transferring the images from the digital camera to the computer.
• You can take the camera in your pocket while you travel - The digital camera comes in various sizes and shapes. The smallest being almost the size of a matchbox. This comes in handy when you travel a lot and want to take a lot of pictures to show back home.
• You can move in close to your subject - Most digital cameras come with good zooming lenses and you can really close up to your subject to take extremely detailed pictures. You can take very good pictures of flowers, bugs, stamps, coins, etc.
• You can rework the image in a computer - All photo editing software have plugins which can be installed in your computer and then you can rework the image taken by your digital camera , as per your liking.
• You can take good pictures even in low-light situations - The digital camera has a flexible over sensitivity or ISO equivalents and thus can easily take detailed pictures even in low-light conditions.
• Can take sports, fashion, etc., pictures very effectively - The digital camera has a fast burst rate and so can take quality pictures of anything that moves quick.
• Rechargeable batteries are affordable - The money saved on film and developing can be spent in getting new batteries for the digital camera. You can save that cost by buying rechargeable lithium-ion batteries, which last a long time and are affordable.
• Are available in many types - There are mini digital camera, underwater digital camera , waterproof digital camera, compact digital camera, and the professional digital camera.
It is time to can the film!
The digital camerais better, faster, and smarter. The future belongs to the digital camera and it has a lot of room for further improvements. Like larger image sensors which can allow larger pixels, resulting in a better signal-to-noise ratio, better colors, light meters, larger storage media, better auto-focus mechanisms, and enhanced battery technology. You can buy the most expensive digital camera; however, the best digital camera can be selected only after you decide why you need a digital camera.